I hope this is the right area to ask. About a month ago, I sent a proposal presentation for NANOG78 on how/why we’re moving to Nornir from Ansible for our network operations. The talk originally discussed network automation in general and how we’re approaching it with Nornir. Based on the feedback so far, there is a growing interest in covering Nornir more in detail. With that, I am updating the presentation to cover:
- Introduction to Nornir
- Getting started with inventory and basic tasks
- Data structures, comparisons between Ansible and Nornir
- Examples of what we’re doing so far
- Performance testing – Testing on actual instances/devices, mock testing
- Future projects – integration with other systems, event-based automation, etc
I wanted to first make sure I was permitted to use Nornir’s logo, links to documentation, discourse, etc. in the presentation. Secondly, if there are any suggestions on content you’d like to see in something like this, please let me know! I appreciate your time!